- 1 green or red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small to medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 6 sliced crimini mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- A handful of fresh chopped basil
- A handful of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 can of organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste (fresh ground & himalayan salt taste best)
- 1 box of brown rice pasta, lentil pasta, or quinoa noodles
Sauteè peppers, mushrooms, onions, and garlic together in a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent and peppers are soft and cooked through.
Turn heat to low and add remaining ingredients. Stirring occasionally and adding salt & pepper to taste.
Bring water to a boil and add your pasta of choice. Cook, drain, and top with chickpea bolognese and enjoy!
Leave a comment